Theme: Innovation and Enterprise Education
NEW: Expression of Interest Close Monday 2nd October
The 5th China – NZ Modern Vocational Education Development Forum (Forum), to be held in Tianjin, PRC, aims to bring together industry and educational leaders, politicians and government agencies, practitioners and learners in TVET from New Zealand and the Peoples Republic of China to share their experiences in innovation and enterprise education, strengthen collaboration between the two countries and plan the development of model programmes in this field.
The forum will be structured around three interwoven themes, illustrated by examples, that will explore;
- Provision: Experiences of institutes of technology and polytechnics in provision of programmes and/or modules in innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Support: Experiences of learners who have created “start-ups” supported by institutes of technology and polytechnics.
- Research: What research has been undertaken to identify appropriate platforms, structures and processes in the establishment of innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems.
Presentation Format and Structure:
To ensure a broad coverage of New Zealand ITP activity in innovation and entrepreneurship education a distinct PechaKucha approach will be followed. The approach followed will mean:
- Presentations are limited to a maximum of 10 PPT slides with a time limit of 8 minutes.
- Main points in presentations will be bi-lingual (English and Simplified Chinese)
- Presentations will be supported by a bi-lingual poster that will be on permanent display during the forum.
These papers will form the foundation for individual ITP institutions discussions with Chinese institutions on the final day of the forum.